All demos made by DJ Hisashi Saito – https://www.hisacid.com
Our new RC-808 “Re-Create the 808” does authentic vintage TR-808 emulation as well as vanguard drum synthesizer sounds.
A drum synthesizer? Yes, it was the original TR-808 / 909 / 606 / TB-303 engineering team’s dream to create, not a drum machine, but a drum synth. Each of its 16 instruments to have a synthesizing power equivalent of that of a System-700 modular synth – all that magnitude just for one single instrument. Multiply that by 16, and you’ll get the idea about the scale of the original intention by the engineers.
The new demo songs created by DJ Hisashi Saito show its synth capability coupled with new expressions made possible with its onboard piano-roll type sequencer controlling the gate time.
Please note that no samples, nor effect processing are employed. Just analog manner synthesis, but coupled with nifty tricks.
The RC-808 Re-Create the 808 is a conceptual model synth that makes this large scale dream come true. More episodes about the background of the Mid-O Series, and the RC-808 details available on this website. Check them out!
01. 12. 2020 – Updated version RC-808 available! New edition manuals and documents too!
08. 08. 2020 – The Mid-O Day, 40th birthday of TR-808. The VST/AU plug-in version now available!
06. 06. 2020 – The Mid-O Day. This new website URL https://rc-808.com/ GRAND OPENING! RC-808 Official Group on Facebook GRAND OPENING too!
06. 05. 2020 – Website migrating to a new server.
01. 14. 2020 – 808 Guestbook opened.
10. 01. 2019 – Mac version RC-808 released.
08. 22. 2019 – Tadao Kikumoto with RC-808 on Streaming Channel “Dommune”.
08. 20. 2019 – 808 Media page added. We appreciate all of your kind support to us!
08. 08. 2019 – 21:00 JST / UTC +0900 – The Mid-O Day. The first generation website launched when the entire planet Earth was supposedly in 808 Day.